Subject: Re: Tidy up my player...(Sansa Clip Zip)

Re: Tidy up my player...(Sansa Clip Zip)

From: R.L. Horn via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 04:00:58 +0000

On April 29, 2019 3:02:58 AM UTC, tuxic--- wrote:

>in the meanwhile I found in the root of the internal flash memory
>beside others the following files:
>DID.bin
>MTABLE.SYS
>RES_INFO.SYS
>SYS_CONF.SYS
>version.sdk

I believe they're all related to stock firmware but I can't rule out that the bootloader needs them. As has been pointed out, everything to do with rockbox proper is in the .rockbox directory.

My inclination would be only to remove files and directories that I put there. It's not all that much clutter and, if things go pear-shaped, you're really going to want to be able to boot the stock system. It saved my bacon on more than one occasion when I was doing builds and installing manually.