Subject: Re: Tidy up my player...(Sansa Clip Zip)

Re: Tidy up my player...(Sansa Clip Zip)

From: Sheldon via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 01:02:09 -0400

I have a 4gb Clip zip with a 32gb microsd card.
I created three directories on the SD card -- audiobooks, podcasts and
music and then ignore the 4gb of internal memory on the Clip zip.
I have shut off the database, because I don't listen to much music and
it got in the way.

So when I want to find anything, I go to files <microsd> and I see the
three directories I've set up.
I have a customized fixed.cfg file epitomized for listening to podcasts
and audiobooks (not from Audible) and it works fine. If I ever get
somewhere I don't want to be with my Clip zip, I merely shut it off,
hearing it say /Bookmark created, shutting down /and started it again
and the fixed.cfg file puts me right back on the proper words (well 10
seconds back) of whatever I'm listening to.

Look at what's available with config files and  spend the time to get
them exactly as you want one (fixed.cfg) or multiple .cfg to be and then
just forget about it. Just follow the instructions in the Rockbox clip
zip manual and put the files in the correct directory under .rockbox.
In case, you don't know, you can edit the .cfg files with whatever
editor you want on your desktop and then save them back to .rockbox.
That is much easier than messing around with .cfg directly in rockbox.

Sheldon