Subject: Re: Character garbage when trying to edit a filename (config for example)...

Re: Character garbage when trying to edit a filename (config for example)...

From: Benjamin Brown via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 11:06:48 -0400

On Sun, Apr 28, 2019, 12:02 PM tuxic--- via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using rockbox (freshly compiled from repo two days ago) on a
> Sansa Clip Zip.
>
> When rockbox asked for a filename the upper part of the screen
> is filled with non readable "characters", which I think should
> be the alphabet from which one chooses the characters.
>
> This is how it was designed, if you move the cursor off the edge (left or
right) you will be met with the rest of the alphabet's letters.
The random symbols are simply all the available legal characters you can
place in a file name, that's all. The letters are in there you just have
to scroll around to bring them up on the screen.