Subject: e260 and rockbox lockup

e260 and rockbox lockup

From: David Mehler via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 18:45:40 -0400

Hello,

I've got a sansa e260 as a backup player running rockbox. I was using
it and it froze, it wouldn't do anything, so I had to let the battery
die completely. I then charged and restarted it. It gets to the main
rockbox screen and errors then shuts down. That's with the lock switch
off, if I start the player with the lock switch on rockbox starts with
no error but then because it's locked it doesn't do anything.

It also does not connect to a pc, I've tried the cable I have and
borrowed another thinking it was that. I've also replaced it's
battery.

Is it possible to get the e260 to load the original firmware, then
plug it in to the pc, copy in a new rockbox folder (I'm assuming
something rockbox is corrupted), and then restart in to rockbox?

Other suggestions welcome.

Thanks.
Dave.