Subject: Re: Rockbox hosting

Re: Rockbox hosting

From: John DeArmond via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 18:43:20 -0400

On 10/22/19 7:13 AM, Solomon Peachy via rockbox wrote:
> I'm personally not terribly fond of forums; They seem to be nearly
> always the worst option. If we're going to stick with forums, perhaps
> the right approach is to mark all of the existing topics/etc as
> read-only, move them to new top-level "archive" category, and create a
> new, simplified hierarchy for future use..

Ditto.  I despise the forum format with a hatred that is probably all
out of proportion to the issue.  So many reasons to hate forums.
Cliques quickly form.  The site owner quickly develops a hitler complex
and revels in banning people.  One has to go out and look for new forum
content instead of having the mailing list traffic come to me.  Please
keep this a mailing list.

John, listening to the Glen Miller band on the first Archos Jukebox to
reach best buys.  It now has the 8k memory mod, a 120 gig SSD and Li-ion
batteries, enabling about 2 days solid of playing.

I've bought just about everything Rockbox has been ported to.  With my
PortaPros on, NOTHING sounds better.

I've suddenly grown old (social security starts next month) so I'm not
very active on the net but one more time I want to say THANKS to the
Rockbox guys!

John