Subject: Re: Migrating most www services (and buildmaster) on May 16th

Re: Migrating most www services (and buildmaster) on May 16th

From: Sascha Lüdecke via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 16:17:33 +0200

Hi all,

as a long term user of rockbox (iHP-120, iBasso DX90) I am very grateful for you
not letting this fine piece of software (from a users perspective that is ;) die.

Thanks to the "old" team for keeping it running for so long and a big thank you
for the migration efforts done so far. I am very happy to see Rockbox living on!

Best regards
Sascha

On Freitag, 15. Mai 2020 15:16:07 CEST Solomon Peachy via rockbox wrote:
> Folks,
>
> As part of the ongoing Rockbox server hosting transition, I'm happy to
> announce that www.rockbox.org, download.rockbox.org, build.rockbox.org,
> and the buildmaster services will migrate to new hosts.
>
> This is scheduled to commence on May 16th, at 23:00 CET (16:00
> Eastern/US time). Due to the sheer number of moving parts and amount of
> data that needs to be synced up, there is a 6-hour window, but the
> expectation is that everything should be up and running by the time DNS
> finshes propogating, ie within a couple of hours.
>
> All existing services will be carried over, with the exception of the
> mailing list archives, which will remain unavailable until they can be
> migrated at a future date. Additionally, git and gerrit are NOT part of
> this phase, and will be migrated on a future date.
>
> As part of this migration, the wiki and bugtracker will be upgraded to
> current (supported) releases.
>
> During this process, everyone involved will be coordinating tasks via
> #rockbox-community on freenode.
>
> Cheers,
>
> - Solomon
> --
> Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet dot org
(email&xmpp)

--
Sascha Lüdecke
+49 179 9210765