Subject: Re: rockbox Digest, Vol 166, Issue 9

Re: rockbox Digest, Vol 166, Issue 9

From: Steak via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 18:35:33 +0000 (UTC)

I'd suggest old Cowon D2 again. Robust, SD card slot (needed to install rockbox onto it) and replaceable battery as well.

Tshaw !! Steph envoyé de mon aMac

     On Tuesday, 23 June 2020, 17:26:20 CEST, Solomon Peachy via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:

 On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 03:13:34PM +0200, BEGUE Eddy via rockbox wrote:
> Could you indicate me a MP3 player model which would be compatible with
> RockBox ?

If you're referring to stuff that is still being manufactured, probably
the only options these days are the AGPTek Rocker and xDuoo X3ii/X20.
They have some quirks, and work well enough for daily use.

As for no longer manufactured stuff, older (non-touch) ipods can be
found quite cheaply, and replacement batteries/etc are plentiful.

These days my primary unit is the original xDuoo X3. The main user
complaints are about its tiny monocromatic screen and odd button layout,
but for visually impaired users the screen doesn't matter and the
buttons are very easy to operate by feel.  It's also quite robust
physically.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy                  pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      _at_pizza:shaftnet dot org  (matrix)