Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Re: Help, AGPTEK Rocker Manual Install
Re: Help, AGPTEK Rocker Manual Install
From: Solomon Peachy via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2020 17:16:41 -0400
On Wed, Jul 08, 2020 at 10:13:28PM +0200, Daniel Bègue via rockbox wrote:
> I would like to install the firmward RockBox on the Roker and vocalize it.
> Could you give me the procedure to follow for installation and vocalization
> and if possible to francize it.
Unfortuntaely, as we don't have rbutil support for this player, the
installation process is complex enough that I think you will need to
enlist the help of a sighted person.
The wiki page provides a good overview in the "installation" section:
In short, you need three things:
1) Patched bootloader (see the "pre-patched" link in the wiki)
2) Rockbox binary (the "daily build" link in the wiki)
3) Voice files (more on this in a bit)
Then, to install things:
1) Rename the patched bootloader file to 'update.upt' and place it in
the root directory of the SD card.
2) Unzip the rockbox build zip file to the root directory of your SD
3) Unzip the voice files to the root directory of your SD card.
4) Insert the card into the player (or disconnect the USB cable as
appropriate), and in the factory firmware, navigate to the settings
menu and select the 'firmware update' option. The player will
perform the firmware update then reboot into rockbox.
5) After the unit reboots into rockbox, it defaults to english. If you
have the English voice installed, it will automatically voice all
menus. To switch to French, go into Settings / General Settings /
Language and select Francais. If you have the French voices
installed, the voice prompts will switch from English to French.
Unfortunately, we only automatically build English voice stuff on a
daily basis (also under the "daily builds" link) Normally, rbutil can
generate voice files in any supported language, but as that is not an
option for the AGPTek Rocker, it will have to be generated for you by
someone with access to a rockbox build environment.
If you would like, I can reply privately to you with a list of the exact
URLs you will need. I can also generate the French voice file that
corresponds to that specific build.
-- Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp) _at_pizza:shaftnet dot org (matrix) High Springs, FL speachy (freenode)