Subject: Re: A bit of advice for the best player that works with the firmware Rockbox

Re: A bit of advice for the best player that works with the firmware Rockbox

From: Steph MM _at_ yahoo via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 17:48:55 +0000 (UTC)

 Hi Remy, Hi Sheldon,

I am a sighted french user...

For years I have been a sighted user of Sansa Clip, Clip+, Clip Zip. I never used the voice menus but indeed I was able to use it blind, as the physical controls were simple and effective.

Like Johannes it's unclear to me wether you successfully installed rockbox on your Clip+. If you need help for this I suppose I can help you over the phone : I haven't done it for years but together on the rockbox website and having both the Clip+ at hand, we should work it out...

(If or) once RB is running on your Clip+
Like Sheldon I enjoyed setting it up through configuration files (*.cfg)
Rockbox updates the main cfg file everytime you change a setting. The name of this file may depend on the player (I actually don't remember this name being<fixed.cfg>). Each time you are happy with it you can duplicate the fileas many times as you want and rename each file according to how it fits one situation or another. Duplicating the file can be done either with rockbox running or with a computer. You can also use your computer to manually edit your cfg files. If you need any help on this, again I can help over the phone, by email or both.

About the voice menus : I never used it but I guess I could figure it out. Sheldon settings and tips should help

About translation =
I work in a hospital and I have used some spare time when I was on night shifts to work on it. The work required is simple = a link takes you to a list of phrases to translate AND complicated = even though I'm familiar with tha vocabulary involved, often it's difficult to find a french translation that sounds appropriately clear to anyone. My understanding is that the french voice menus are usable as they are anyway. Once you will have started to use rockbox and the voice menus with your Clip+, we could have a chat about this and join our efforts to improve translation in a sensible way.

Note that I'll be doing night shifts again in october+november.

I'll send you my gmail address separately with subject = Rockbox

Tshaw !!
--
Steph
envoyé de mon aMac