Subject: Re: rockbox.org down

Re: rockbox.org down

From: Bernhard M. <bernhard_at_svenskaa.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 21:50:18 +0100

I tried some other things.

* Got online on my phone with my mobile-data - can't find rockbox.org
* Used the free WiFi on the bus to work with mobile and laptop - no
rockbox.org to be found.
* Used VPN with servers in France, Netherlands, Australia, Spain, USA
and Japan - all either not found or timeouted while trying to connect to
rockbox.

And the RockboxUtility on my laptop of course couldn't connect to get
update-informations for my devices.

All other pages are working. I could understand if it only would be my
home-connection that used faulty DNS-servers, but the mobil-provider,
the provider used by the bus-company and all the servers on the other
ends of VPNs too?

Strangely enough, ping rockbox.org gives an answer:

64 bytes from stuffed.shaftnet.org (64.238.189.241): icmp_seq=5 ttl=250
time=145 ms

I'm out of ideas.