Subject: Re: rockbox.org down

Re: rockbox.org down

From: Michael Sparmann via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 23:46:04 +0100

> I tried some other things.
>
> * Got online on my phone with my mobile-data - can't find rockbox.org
> * Used the free WiFi on the bus to work with mobile and laptop - no
> rockbox.org to be found.
> * Used VPN with servers in France, Netherlands, Australia, Spain, USA
> and Japan - all either not found or timeouted while trying to connect to
> rockbox.
>
> And the RockboxUtility on my laptop of course couldn't connect to get
> update-informations for my devices.
>
> All other pages are working. I could understand if it only would be my
> home-connection that used faulty DNS-servers, but the mobil-provider,
> the provider used by the bus-company and all the servers on the other
> ends of VPNs too?
>
> Strangely enough, ping rockbox.org gives an answer:
>
> 64 bytes from stuffed.shaftnet.org (64.238.189.241): icmp_seq=5 ttl=250
> time=145 ms
>
> I'm out of ideas.

Hm, it resolves to the same IP for me, and works just fine. And it works
neither on your phone's web browser nor your laptop?

"Not found" would be a very strange error for something that's pingable.
Can you paste the exact error message?

I would have suspected your systems to have issues with "Let's Encrypt"
certificates, but it seems unlikely that multiple clients would be
broken in the same way.

-- TheSeven