Subject: Re: Speech support, specifically in regard to Dx50/dx90

Re: Speech support, specifically in regard to Dx50/dx90

From: Sascha Lüdecke via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 14:03:46 +0200

On Dienstag, 27. April 2021 09:51:59 CEST Sascha Lüdecke wrote:
> I do have a DX90 in use and can try to install the voice files on it. If I
> succeed (or fail), I will post the results here.

I have successfully installed the voice files on my DX90 and all menus are now read
to me. Folder and file names are not read since I did not generate .talk clips for
them.

For the menus I downloaded the daily build of rockbox and copied it over the
existing installation of rockbox on my player. I also installed the english-us.voice
file in .rockbox/langs as described on https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/
VoiceHowto[1]. I made sure that english-us is set as player language and that voice
menus are enabled in the settings.

I did not use any other documentation or information beyond what is already on
the wiki.

Regards
Sascha

--------