Subject: rockbox.org server downtime August 9th, ~9am US Eastern

rockbox.org server downtime August 9th, ~9am US Eastern

From: Solomon Peachy via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2021 22:20:05 -0400

The server that hosts rockbox.org (and my entire online presence) is
getting upgraded. This requires taking it offline, and this is expected
to take about 30 minutes starting sometime between 0830 and 0900.

I'm happy to say that this upgrade was entirely funded by user
donations, so thank you everyone.

This is a straight motherboard swap, so storage, software, and
connectivity will remain unchanged.

The current hardware has been in continual service since late 2015, and
wasn't exactly new at the time. This new(er) hardware will push the
needle back towards the middle of the bathtub curve, and bring with it a
considerable bump in performance while sucking down less power.

If folks are curious about the details, I'll be glad to provide them.

Happy rockboxing,

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			      pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      _at_pizza:shaftnet dot org   (matrix)