Subject: Re: Recommendations for a new player

Re: Recommendations for a new player

From: Jon Lewis via rockbox <rockbox_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 13:32:28 -0500

I've been using the FiiO M3K which has had a Rockbox version for about a
year IIRC. It's about the size of an iPod mini and has a single micro SD
slot. I use a couple of different 1 TB cards in it with no issues (note: I
don't do any browsing through database/tagging, I'm 100% folder & file
based browsing when listening to music. Like other players, the M3K
probably runs into database issues with these super high capacity cards).

Rockbox for the M3K has a couple of slightly annoying aspects but is fully
functional. Battery life is better than a Sansa Clip and better than some
of the older, larger FiiO players I have used. (iPod Classic battery life
is of course superior but both of my rockboxed Classics have succumbed to
hard disk issues.)

Last time I looked the M3K was available with a bit of searching.

Thanks,

Jon Lewis