Subject: Rockbox ipod not recognized by windows 10

Rockbox ipod not recognized by windows 10

From: John Abrams via rockbox <rockbox_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 12:23:52 -0800
Microsoft just threw us a curve with the latest windows 10 "update."  Windows 10 no longer recognized an ipod with rockbox.  I'm actually embarrassed that it took me three days to figure this out since I've been in computers for over 60 years now.

The symptom is that the ipod with rockbox is recognized by windows 7 and windows xp and my Ubuntu computer but since the latest update not by windows 10.  The fact is that the update destroyed our rockbox driver.

The solution is, with the ipod connected as usual, open the device manager and under USB devices there will be your ipod with the "this doesn't work" symbol next to it.  Right click on the ipod and uninstall it.  Check the box that says uninstall driver.  Now rescan for hardware changes and after a seemingly long time, the ipod will now appear under disk drives.

I'm sure you mac folks didn't have this problem and you linux folks didn't either.