Subject: Re: looking to replace my Benjie t6: what should I get?

Re: looking to replace my Benjie t6: what should I get?

From: Solomon Peachy via rockbox <rockbox_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 09:34:53 -0400

On Sun, May 28, 2023 at 05:07:57PM +0100, Robert Godridge via rockbox wrote:
> I seem to have accidentally broken or damaged the spring that lets the
> sd card into my Benjie t6.
> I'm totally blind and either want to buy another t6 or a different
> media player. It needs to have rockbox on and will need to be able to
> play lossless flac, bonus points for 24 bit.
> What should I do?

The main question is what form factor do you need -- The T6 is pretty
tiny, and all of the readily-available alternatives are larger.

The various EROSQ/K clones are plentiful (and new). On the used market
it's nearly impossible to go wrong with an old "classic-style" iPod, as
there's a healthy aftermarket for replacement parts and you can also
replace their hard drives with flash.

The old Sansa units (eg Fuze, Fuze+, clips) too, and as long as you get
one that can use an SD card as the onboard flash is known to wear out.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			      pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      _at_pizza:shaftnet dot org   (matrix)