Subject: Re: amiconn: apps settings.c,1.319,1.320

Re: amiconn: apps settings.c,1.319,1.320

From: Hardeep Sidhu <hardeeps_at_pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 12:12:57 -0800

Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
> Jens Arnold wrote:
>
>> The 'skip to next folder' part of it (which was implemented
>> before under that name) does work on archos.
>

> Yes, it works, but not fully. As I wrote in my previous email, it only
> works forward, not backward. You can't go to the previous directory.

I don't have access to my Archos recorder to verify this right now but I
don't see why going to previous folder wouldn't work on it. If someone
has one handy, would you try it out on your Archos device please.

> Also, there is no functionality for skipping to the next folder
> directly, only by skipping through all song until it reaches the last
> song in the folder.

That's true on the iRiver as well unless you're using the remote. I
like the idea of a key combination to go to prev/next folder for all
devices. I believe there is some discussion of this in the forums.

BTW, am I the only one who finds the name "Directory navigation" confusing?

-Hardeep