Subject: WPS BMP loadig change coming up

WPS BMP loadig change coming up

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 00:12:36 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

This is a heads-up notification mail about a file format change I'm about to
commit very soon. Thus the cross-post. Please take follow-ups on just one
list.

There are two changes to pay attention to, and an additional request of mine:

1. The "browse wps files" function will scan the .rockbox/wps directory and no
    other. You must put your WPS in there and press PLAY on it to have it stick
    and get used after reboot.

2. All BMPs that are specified in a given WPS will be loaded from the
    directory using the same name as the WPS file without its extension.

    An imaginary WPS called /.rockbox/wps/ninja2000.wps will thus loads images
    from the directory named /.rockbox/wps/ninja2000

    (thus you don't need to use any subdir in the BMP tag in the WPS)

A request/plan:

With this change committed, all of a sudden we have a (much easier) way to
distribute and install custom WPSes with less fiddling and less clutter in the
root .rockbox directory.

I would like to take this opportunity to start gathering WPSes and have them
included in upcoming Rockbox packages (bleeding, daily, releases) and made
available on the Rockbox site. If you have created a WPS that (and this is
important) works fine with a font that is provided in the Rockbox package,
then please make a zip file with:

  1 - the WPS file
  2 - the BMPs in the subdirectory
  3 - a mention on what font you prefer with the design
  4 - your name

Of course by doing this you agree that we provide these files to the world
using the same license we use for all files: GPL.

Please submit these packages in the patch tracker, select category 'wps':

    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=44306&atid=439120

I plan to commit these donated designs to CVS (possibly in apps/wps/) and
adjust buildzip.pl accordingly so that packages will come bundled with a neat
set of pre-designed WPSes to select from.

Okay, if you read all this you probably forgot how this mail started so please
read the top section again! ;-)