Subject: Re: bundled WPSes => themes?

Re: bundled WPSes => themes?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:41:22 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005, Ronald Teune wrote:

> How about automatically loading wpsfilename.cfg at opening the .wps file?
> Then there's no need for extra menus and stuff, and it would be a simple
> change.
> It might have some side-effects like users seeing weird stuff because they
> don't know their settings have changed, but that would be the same when using
> themes.
> If I understand correctly, what you want now is 1) browse cfg files, 2)
> browse wps files, 3) browse themes. This sounds a bit doubled up. Correct me
> if I'm wrong. :-)

The reason is that I still want to allow the user to pick individual pieces,
like selecting a WPS without changing font etc. So, picking a WPS or a font
only changes that particular thing. For maximum flexibility. Only a "theme"
.cfg would then set more than one thing at once.

I would rather just remove the "browse wps" choice from the menu, but that's
probably not as fun for those who add their own WPS to the dir and want to be
able to pick it from the menu...