Subject: (unknown charset) Why not empty defines?

(unknown charset) Why not empty defines?

From: (unknown charset) Burelli Luca <burellil_at_dei.unipd.it>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:39:26 +0100 (MET)

Hello devs,
         I've just seen in one of the last commits something like

> #ifdef HAVE_ADJUSTABLE_CPU_FREQ
> cpu_boost(false);
> #endif

Question: why don't define cpu_boost to be an empty macro on targets that
don't support cpu frequencies? That would make the code much more
readable, IMHO. (This is just an example, there are several one-line,
binary #ifdefs that could be swept away).

Of course, in the same example, this doesn't mean that
HAVE_ADJUSTABLE_CPU_FREQ should be removed, but you could cut out all
these one-liners... just my $0.02!

Happy coding and thanks for your work!

Luca Burelli aka pillo

--
"I have seen things you people would not believe. Attack ships on fire off
the shoulder of Orion.  C-beams glittering in the dark near the Tannhäuser