Subject: Re: 3 patches

Re: 3 patches

From: Magnus Holmgren <lear_at_algonet.se>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:30:04 +0100

Peter D'Hoye wrote:

> this is a small but effective patch that makes the W32
> simulator stop putting load on the CPU while having audio playback.
>
> In the yield() implementation I've added a mechanism that
> alternates between Sleep(0) and Sleep(1). This is because
> Sleep(1) makes the app run too slow (no audio), and Sleep(0)
> hogs the CPU (but gives sound).
>
> I wrote it so that it calls Sleep(1) every 256 calls to
> yield. All other times it does Sleep(0).

I'll give it a go, but I've noticed that the yield() implementation is
tricky to get right. I guess it depends a lot on how often yield() is
called from the rest of Rockbox.

> I've also added a Sleep() in sleep().

But there was already a sleep in sleep, so I don't see the point. (Your
patch does make there's always a "real" sleep, even if HZ should ever be
> 1000...)

   Magnus