Subject: patch 1382969: H300 recording (with issue)

patch 1382969: H300 recording (with issue)

From: Peter D'Hoye <peter.dhoye_at_telenet.be>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 01:53:16 +0100

Hi all

I submitted a patch that enables H300 recording:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1382969&group_id=4
4306&atid=439120

Everything works, except for a glitch: the beginning of the file contains a
bit of garbage. It isn't audio data but real garbage, so it must come from
some buffer that's being used but not filled yet.

I just spent way too much time hunting this bug. As the code is working for
the H1xx, it must have something to do with the DMA (?)
A recording of 3+ minutes showed me that harddisk access doesn't cause it to
happen...

I still have too little knowledge of RB to efficiently find this issue, so
feel free to fix ;)

Peter