Subject: Re: MPeye HTS-150

Re: MPeye HTS-150

From: Tim Schmidt <timschmidt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 08:28:15 -0500

On 12/22/05, Ronald Teune <rtwolf_at_gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> any progress on this one, or responses from the manufacturer? I couldn't
> find any recent information on the wikis.
>
> Ronald

I'm in the middle of another embedded project (fortunately a somewhat
simpler one) working with some Netgear WGT634U's. Then there's the
hollidays, and school starts on Jan 12th after that. Sometime soon
I'll get around to looking a bit more in depth at the firmware
upgrade(s) and the player itself (still need to see what's under the
LCD). Until then, there are a few more chips that could due with
being identified on the wiki, I'm still unaware of anyone successfully
contacting the manufacturer, so that's an option for further work, and
anyone who can find one of these beasts cheap and send one to someone
a bit more capable with low level work than I (read: knows assembler
from line noise) would be a hero in my book.

I still think this is an important player to get rockbox on if for no
other reason than it's price. No other player has similar horsepower
at this pricepoint, let alone with a 128x128 greyscale screen and an
FM radio.

I'll continue to work on it, but it will take time. That's what the
wiki is for more than anything else, it's my extended memory.

--tim