Subject: Re: Lyrics

Re: Lyrics

From: Bluechip <csbluechip_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 23:39:57 +0000

At 09:01 08/02/2006, you wrote:
>Thanks bluechip,
>I have had a look at LYR200 as EvilLyrics has a
>plugin Eviltagger which autotags lyrics. I would
>like to support as many tags as possible.
>Including external files. (Would they be stored like voice files?)

Well there's the obvious unsynched ".txt" file
...there's ".cdg" karaoke +96 data ...other than
that I can only infer the existence of other
more synched or otherwise formatted files.

>My thoughts on structure
>A builder --> 2D aray --> Viewable by WPS
> --> text file --> Viewer to view
> the whole file at once, it has so many view options, no need to repeat it
>
>I plan to have this array as part of the
>id3entry structure see id3.h When i increase
>char id3v2buf[300]; --> char id3v2buf[1600];
>That is when I get the memory problems. The sim
>works fine. You are suggesting that I should be
>able to go much greater than this.

>What am I doing wrong?

Sadly I've not looked seriously at the Rockbox code since I was banned from it.
If the main code is THAT tight on space, you will
need to look at more complex options :(
Maybe you could run a "view lyrics" plugin
directly FROM the WPS? rather than embed the
viewer as a funtion INTO the WPS. That will give
you 32768 bytes of RAM to play with, which should
be sufficient to resolve any memory issues you are having.

BC