Subject: H120: Hi & Wavpack broken?

H120: Hi & Wavpack broken?

From: gl <gl_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:13:54 -0000

Hi guys, great work you've done on this thing! So great in fact that two
days after reading about what RockBox can do, I'm holding a H140 in my hand
:).

OK, amongst other things I'm a musician and programmer. My primary
interests in RockBox are Wavpack playback and recording, enabling 20bit
analogue I/O and 48k/24bit digital I/O (if possible).

I'm a great supporter of Dave Bryant's Wavpack (lossless in particular) and
just wrote a Wavpack plugin for Steinberg's Wavelab:
http://wavpack.gl.tter.org. I'm hoping to add WP recording to RB once I get
used to the source.

Anyway, with the current CVS version, as well as the current daily download,
Wavpack playback seems to be broken. Some files don't even start playing,
others start and have constant HD access, but no sound is produced. After
trying to play one or more files, the UI usually locks up (still scrolling
filenames though), and only A/B turnoff responds. It also seemed to turn
itself off once after a while (fail safe?).

OGG and MP3 files play fine. This should work right?
--
gl.tter