Subject: What has happened with our beloved RomBox? (binary size on Archos targets)

What has happened with our beloved RomBox? (binary size on Archos targets)

From: <joerch.net_at_web.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:26:04 +0100

 Hi, tech-talkers,

 I had no luck to compile rombox since ~2 months for archos targets (ondio, V1Rec, FM-rec). The rockbox.ucl file will be created and runs fine. If i download the latest (precopiled) build, an rombox.ucl is included but not working (flash size too big). Can I say we will go away from archos targets and will only fully support "modern" targets?
And (again): what can I do to make the binary size smaller? What must I do to exclude some for me not needed features? Are there such options?

______
OBJCOPY rockbox.bin
UCLPACK rockbox
Build firmware file
error: firmware image is 211058 bytes while max size is 204800!
Image too big, making a compressed version!
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/home/guest/tools/ucl2src.pl', needed by /home/guest/my/firmware/decompressor/uclimage.c'. Stop.
 /home/guest/my/firmware/decompressor/compressed.bin: No such file or directory
 make[1]: *** [/home/guest/my/ajbrec.ajz] Error 255
 make: *** [all] Error 2
 ______

Joerch