Subject: Re: What has happened with our beloved RomBox? (binary size on Archos targets)

Re: What has happened with our beloved RomBox? (binary size on Archos targets)

From: <joerch.net_at_web.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:45:58 +0100

Hi Jörg,

> You have to use Bootbox, though

I think I already use it.

wiki says:

"There are three tests:

   1. When you F1-restart the box, is should come up with "Rockbox | Rescue boot" and start your ajbrec.ajz from disk."

the F1 - rescue boot is working, and when i try to flash a daily rombox.ucl, it says

image at 28KB
Checked:
File OK.

..i will try it again, I am pressing F2... complete!

It works! uuuh! only 1,666 MB buffer, i think its better for daily use to go back to an older build with 1,8 MB buffer...

>A message to our "new" developers who don't have an Archos: please code with
>"size matters" discipline, especially if that code ends up in the Archos
>models, too.

agreed. In the "early time" every byte of buffer usage was well discussed in the mailing list...

>Else we may end up with a fork, something very nasty.
>Perhaps this is a DevCon topic.

Perhaps I (we) should simply use an good, old build and let the archoses die...

Joerch