Subject: Re: Good patch tool on Windows?

Re: Good patch tool on Windows?

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:54:45 +0100

On 2/15/06, gl <gl_at_ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a *visual* Windows patch tool for creating patches
> against multiple *local* files (not CVS)?
>
> I just tried WinMerge, but it outputs paths with \ instead of / (and
> probably doesn't use Unix line endings), plus you have to patch each file
> couple individually (although you can accumulate patches in a single file)
> and I'd must prefer to just select a bunch of files and generate a patch
> from them.

I don't know if it may help, as the tool I am gonna to talk about does
not have cvs-things build in, but I mention it, as I cannot remember
having seen some cvs-special-kung-fu when I tried out WinMerge either.
So probably you got the way from merger/differ to cvs yourself.
The tool "BeyondCompare" from Scootersoft is the best we could figure
out (and we checked a lot at work, believe me).
Not only it diffs/merges folders, but also files.
It has a lot of highly useful functions (declare c-comments as
unimportant changes) like build in ftp-client and a lot lot more.
It even has a plugin-system, and I would not be surprised if there was
a cvs-client-plugin some day.
They promised us a linux-version for the next major release.

lImbus