Subject: Re: H3x0 ISP1362 (usbotg) chip connections

Re: H3x0 ISP1362 (usbotg) chip connections

From: Kaggen <kaggen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 06:01:34 +0100

Peter D'Hoye wrote:

>Hi all (but mostly Linus),
>
>I'm having troubles accessing the isp1362 chip
>in the H3x0. I've mapped its CS to 0x30000000
>and tried several options in CSCR3 (no success).
>
>I wonder about this:
>
>- MCF5249 users manual page 172, in table 10-9
> about the PS[1:0] CS select bit description
> there is a note: "A0 is not available on the
> external bus". If so, I wonder where A0 and A1
> of the isp1362 are connected to.
>
>- the isp1362 datasheet on page 49 (point 12.9)
> talks about the powermanagement, and mentions
> two pins that must be pulled low to enable
> device and host part of the chip respectively.
> So they are probably connected to the GPIO?
> The two pins should be tied to vcc using a
> resistor. Or I don't understand that part :(
>
>fyi, A0 is pin 61, A1 is pin 62
>

>shall I put the code I have so far somewhere?
>
>thnx,
>Peter

/* Disclaimer - it's 6.00am after a party */

Knowing the schematic can be a great deal of help,
but I suppose it's a hassel to disect a player.

A0 as far as the Coldfire is concerned is for byte
addressing, on a 16bit bus, thus excluded.
A0 on the ISP1362 should be for word addressing
since it has a 16bit bus.

Thus Coldfire <=> ISP1361
A1 <-> A0
A2 <-> A1

Which should make it transparent on the bus as
16-bit "memory".

Though read/write is a hassle since the coldfire is
R/!W while the ISP1362 has !R and !W signals.
Presumably a solution like for the h300 LCD is used,
thus an Address pin might be used as !R while R/!W
is connected to !W.

Hope this helps, now sleep.
/Anders