Subject: WPS

WPS

From: gl <gl_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 23:22:10 -0000

I just started designing an iRiver H1x0 playback screen without knowing
about the WPS limitations. Now that I've read up on the script commands I
find there's a few things that can't be done.

Are there any plans to:

1) allow per-pixel positioning of lines on displays that support it?
2) implement 4bit bitmap support?

I've done a lot of graphics works, so if the limitations are just down to
writing compatible blitters etc, I can add those - but are there more
fundamental problems in supporting these?

I'd also like to use different sized fonts (as was mentioned recently), and
also font 'inversion' (white chars on black backgrounds) for highlights.

In general, are there any problems with me extending WPS or is the feature
set frozen for now?
--
gl