Subject: Re: Editing .patch files?

Re: Editing .patch files?

From: David Bryant <dbryant_at_impulse.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 13:02:50 -0800

I would suggest (as someone else did) that you do a clean check-out and move
the changes that you want for a given patch into the clean code. Because of
the complexities you mention, I suspect that it's a lot easier to just edit
the changes you want to make in the actual code than in the patch file. Once
your change is made and tested and compiled on another platform or two (even
if you have no way to run them) then you can make a fresh patch.

Just a suggestion from the certifiably anal. :)