Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: Signing off.

Re: Signing off.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 16:36:18 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, gl wrote:

> After Linus was about to commit one of my patches, it turns out the project
> leaders are not willing to accept contributions under a pseudonym. This may
> be normal in the GPL world, but for someone from the Windows / BSD license
> world, this seems utterly bizarre.

Since we had this debate the last time, a large amount of Open Source projects
have gone a lot stricter in this department and we are certainly not alone in
this stand-point. Some of them are BSD-style too.

It is not about what license we use. To me, it is about who does what in a
legal / copyright angle and that we are a real project with real people using
real names.