Subject: Re: half-idea for #ifdef and key deifnition hell...

Re: half-idea for #ifdef and key deifnition hell...

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:45:07 +0100

Brandon Low wrote:
> I think that button processing can't be going through lists like that,
> too slow.

I'm not so sure. Buttons are pressed rather rarely (from a system/cpu point of view) and the lag cause by looping through a few dozen entries will probably not be measurable, let alone noticeable.

The case for using variable button mapping is mainly driven by the fact that irivers can have several different remote controls, and change between then in runtime. Handling that requires more flexibility than #defines can provide.

--
Björn