Subject: RE: VMWare Environment

RE: VMWare Environment

From: Mark Bright <mark_at_redbreva.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 19:11:20 -0000

|> Mark
|I am assuming that windows is your "host os" and linux is the
|"guest os" ?
|Are you trying to use the builtin host - guest file sharing
|through VMware workstation? Or are you trying to setup Samba
|file sharing from / to Linux?

Thanks for the reply...

First I should state that my knowledge of *nix in general is
extremely limited - part of the attraction of the rockbox
development environment is being able to build that knowldege up..
And secondly my knowledge of VMWare is close to none -
I simply followed the instructions on
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/VMwareDevelopmentPlatform
and started -and finished :( - there...

I am guessing that I am attempting to setup Samba:

<Quote>
To make it easy to access the files in the virtual Linux
operating system, we have included Samba. We've configured
the user's home directory as a file share.

This means that you can edit the source in your favorite Windows
editor (that supports UNIX formatted files!) and compile in
the virtual machine.

    * Share name: \\ip\user
    * Share username: user
    * Share password: rockbox
</Quote>

I really am paddling around in the dark here :-)