Subject: Re: Wavpack skip bug - fixed?

Re: Wavpack skip bug - fixed?

From: gl <gl_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 15:46:40 +0100

> The problem call comes from audio_thread(), line 1817:
>
> if (ev.id == SYS_TIMEOUT && play_pending)
> {
> ev.id = Q_AUDIO_PLAY;
> ev.data = (bool *)1;
> }
>
> The offset (ev.data) is set to 1 here - anybody know what's going on?

If I set it to 0, tracks play properly (but note it doesn't fix the skip
crossfading after all).

There's another similarly strange call in initiate_dir_change(), line 1791,

    queue_post(&audio_queue, Q_AUDIO_PLAY, (bool *)true);

And sure enough, if you skip a directory, the start of the first track is
missing again.

Why are these setting boolean values (especially as true compiles to 1 and
not -1, which the code would at least treat differently)?? Are these
remnants from an old version of the code or am I missing something?
--
gl