Subject: h120 weirdness

h120 weirdness

From: Dave Wiard <lists_at_wiard.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 20:39:15 -0700

I've been running cvs-060304 for some time...obviously. Tonight I had
the weirdest thing happen. Was wondering if anyone could shed some light
on what might have caused this. It's no longer an issue as I've updated
to the latest daily and the problem is resolved though I really have a
feeling I could have installed any version and fixed the problem.

I was bumping along listening to a FLAC file (the player had been on for
5 about minutes). I decided to locate a different file but instead of
just navigating to the file I hit STOP so it would throw me into the
browser. Everything froze up. I pulled out the trusty reset tool. When I
powered up everything seemed functional except I had no files showing. I
figured the filesystem was corrupted. I booted up the retail firmware
and it was happy as could be (first time I've booted the retail in
nearly 6 months!). I power cycled many times before I finally just gave
up and updated rockbox to the latest daily. Anybody have any idea what
might have caused such a singular component to get blasted by the lock
up/reset?

Dave
kenshin/kawika/sithia