Subject: Re: h120 weirdness

Re: h120 weirdness

From: john <ruttmannn_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 09:04:32 +0200

Hi Dave

> I've been running cvs-060304 for some time...obviously.

20060221

> I was bumping along listening to a FLAC file (the player had been on for
> 5 about minutes). I decided to locate a different file but instead of
> just navigating to the file I hit STOP so it would throw me into the
> Everything froze up. I pulled out the trusty reset tool. When I
> powered up everything seemed functional except I had no files showing.

> Anybody have any idea what might have caused such a singular
> component to get blasted by the lock up/reset?

Yes. Something similar happened to me a few days ago. For some reason
(forgot the cause) I had to reset the device. When it rebooted

General Settings -> File View -> Show Files

was set to "ID3 database", but I am perfectly sure, that it was set to
"All" before the reset. BTW: This firmware freezes instantly when
trying to browse the ID3s. So maybe it changed the settings before the
reset for unknown reasons (maybe my fault) and that caused the freeze.

However: If something similar would have happened to you and there is
no ID3 database on your HD the player will show nothing in the
browser, giving you the illusion of an empty drive.

In that case: Just click and hold A-B to check.

> I really have a feeling I could have installed any version and fixed
> the problem.

Me too, but I really do not know, if updating the firmware resets this
configuration option.

cu
John