Subject: Re: Bug in screen_access.c affecting all drivers.

Re: Bug in screen_access.c affecting all drivers.

From: gl <gl_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 10:14:27 +0100

> If you post bugs to this list, and offer a fix, what would you have us
> do with it? Simply ignore it since you refuse to be given credit by
> name, or would you rather we improve the project by reimplementing and
> comitting that fix to the repository?

At last somebody who can make a point in a reasonable way. What happened
was that whilst I was reporting those bugs, it ocurred to me that the whole
thing was ridiculous - if my work is no good here, why is it being accepted?
I agree that it makes no sense to continue to do so.

> You can't have it both ways, if you don't want your ideas used, then
> don't post them, don't give them to us. If you _do_ then feel free to
> continue posting them, and we appreciate them.

Agreed - but you guys can't have it both ways either. Either the policy
exists because you genuinely don't want to work with anonymous users, then
don't accept contributions through the backdoor. It makes the policy a
joke.

> Either way, no bitching and moaning is needed, it's your choice, and as
> long as you continue posting those fixes to this mailing list, they will
> keep making their way into the repo. with or without your name attached
> to them.

Bitching and moaning is the result of people acting like jerks to a
legitimate complaint, reasonably made - Linus in this case. If you guys
want a reasonable discussion, act reasonably (like you just have). It just
goes to show that _everybody_ online hides behind their anonymity - unless
you can see someone face to face, you can act how you like. But that seems
to be generally sanctioned here, so I'm getting out of the zoo, problem
solved.
--
gl