Subject: Re: Remove PluginJewels from RockBox downloads immediately

Re: Remove PluginJewels from RockBox downloads immediately

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 19:08:22 +0200

You wrote:
> The game PluginJewels, for use on RockBox and available at
> http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/PluginJewels, is a blatant
> copyright violation of Bejeweled, the popular match-three game owned by
> my company, PopCap Games, Inc., of Seattle, Washington, USA. I am
> writing to you to demand that you remove PluginJewels from
> www.rockbox.org and all other sites where users may download this game
> for the Rockbox, no later than April 30, 2006. PopCap Games takes
> seriously all copyright and trademark violations of our games and, if
> necessary, we will enforce our rights to the fullest extent of the law.
>
> Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. I await your
> response.

Hi Dave.

My name is Björn Stenberg. I am the founder and one of the leaders of the Rockbox open source project. I am also the owner and administrator of the main download site for Rockbox.

In the Rockbox project we take copyright very seriously. Therefore your mail is confusing to me. To the best of my knowledge, the Jewels plugin in Rockbox contains no program code, graphics, text or other material belonging to you or your company. Hence I do not understand what it is you claim to be a "blatant copyright violation".

Please specify in detail what material in our Jewels plugin you claim to hold the copyright to.

--
Björn