Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: RE: Remove PluginJewels from RockBox downloads immediately

RE: Remove PluginJewels from RockBox downloads immediately

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:31:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Björn Stenberg wrote:

I think we have the law on our side. The images are not copied from their game
and they aren't identical, as anyone can see. The only claim they could make
would be that our images are "too similar" to theirs and thus could be
considered plagiarism. The only way to really find out if we are "too similar"
is to battle in court.

However, I don't think we'd loose anything by being "soft" and simply modify
our jewels somewhat so that they don't look so similar to their versions, just
to be nice.

After all, I'd rather have our game have a more unique Rockboxesque look than
being a simple "copycat".

The only thing is that the existing jewels are really good-looking and it
would be a pity to replace them with a set that aren't at least as nice.