Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Re: make the cvs build zips smaller?
Re: make the cvs build zips smaller?
From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 18:02:51 +0200
When talking about a platform specific solution, how about a web-aware
windows *updater*? I'm thinking of a small wizard that
- can be placed on the filesystem of the dap itself
- can look up its settings from a config file on the player (say,
/.rockbox/wizard.cfg) which stores player type, installed version and
misc stuff like proxy settings
- asks the user about the settings if no configuration found,
- gives the possibility to install the latest release, daily or cvs build
- downloads the file and installs it on the player.
This way it could be made 7zip-aware and be dap independent. I guess
the "world outside of windows" should be ready for 7zip (hmm, I don't
know about 7zip for MacOS). Being it an updater also doesn't need to
handle the bootloader itself (for devices that need one) so I guess
this could be a pretty small program.
Received on 2006-05-03