Subject: Re: Replaygain: Creating tags the easy way

Re: Replaygain: Creating tags the easy way

From: Sander Sweers <sander.sweers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 20:27:27 +0200

On Sun, 2006-05-21 at 14:15 +0200, Dominik Riebeling wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> On 5/21/06, john <ruttmannn_at_gmx.de> wrote:
> > Am I the only human beeing on this planet using rockbox and linux and
> > does have a desperate need for replaygain? Does no one else mix some
> > tracks from the 70's with current pop music in a playlist and listen
> > to full albums as an entity the other day? Is just everyone using
> > foobar2000?
>
> I also use linux and are searching for some tool to create ReplayGain
> tags. I also found mp3gain not working the way I want it to. As most
> of my music is ogg I can go with vorbisgain (which makes my need not
> really desparate), but for my remaining mp3 files I still need to use
> foobar2000. If you want to go ahead writing something that writes the
> tags for mp3 files it would be really nice. For myself, I don't have
> enough time ATM to look into this myself.

Ok, attached is a shell scrips that applies track and album gain in
id3v2 using eyeD3 and mp3gain. If mp3gain already finds gain values this
script will convert it to id3v2 tags.

Run it in the directory where the files are. I tried it and it work
great.

Credits should go to iGold from the hydrogen forums.
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showuser=26599

> - Dominik

Have fun :)

Greetz