Subject: X5 OF not aware of RB usb changes

X5 OF not aware of RB usb changes

From: Malcolm Tyrrell <malcoh0l_at_yahoo.ie>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 10:37:04 +0100 (BST)

Hi all. I submitted a bug-report which was closed because it relates
to the not-yet-official dual bootloader. I've no problems with that,
but before I forget, I'd like to record the results of some minor
experiments I did with my X5 to understand the problem.

Summary of problem: "If I manage files with USB while under RB and
subsequently boot into the OF, it doesn't reflect the filesystem
changes."

It seems that the X5's built-in USB program always deletes the file
/_sys/pllist.sif. (Merely attaching a USB cable and removing it
is sufficient).

When the OF boots, if it does not find this file, it recreates it.

From viewing the file contents, it looks to me like it's some kind
of file system look-up table.

I'd like to propose that RB deletes the file /_sys/pllist.sif. This
would guarantee that the OF will have a consistant file view after
using RB has been used.

I've deleted it manually, and the OF boots fine and does update the
filesystem.

I'm afraid I've only just starting to explore Rockbox internals, so
I'm not yet in a position to submit a patch.

Malcolm.