Subject: 3.0 - What MUST be done?

3.0 - What MUST be done?

From: Dave Chapman <dave_at_dchapman.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 09:47:04 +0100

Hi,

I agree with the people saying that we shouldn't release 3.0 or come out
of feature freeze until it's "ready".

But one of the problems, is that it isn't clear (at least to me), what
are the outstanding tasks that MUST be done before we are happy to
release 3.0.

So my suggestion is that we (in this mailing list) decide conclusively
what must be done before we're happy to release 3.0.

A while ago (following a brief talk in IRC), I attempted to assign a
"severity" rating to all outstanding 3.0 bugs as follows:

Critical - bugs which MUST be fixed before 3.0
High - bugs relating to audio playback
Normal - bugs relating to core Rockbox
Low - bugs relating to plugins

I've assigned bugs to the High/Normal/Low categories, but there are
currently no bugs designated as "Critical". I just wasn't sure which
ones were. Or can anyone suggest a better way to organise them in FlySpray?

To conclude, my question is simply which bugs do people think fall into
the "must fix" category? Are there any other issues not in the patch
tracker? I can't see any reports about H300 battery life and only one
about the Voice UI.

Or do we feel that ALL the bugs are in the must-fix-before-3.0 category,
in which case 3.0 is still a long way away.

Dave.