Subject: Re: 3.0 - What MUST be done?

Re: 3.0 - What MUST be done?

From: Steve Bavin <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 15:25:52 +0100

> To conclude, my question is simply which bugs do people think fall into
> the "must fix" category? Are there any other issues not in the patch
> tracker? I can't see any reports about H300 battery life and only one
> about the Voice UI.

My "selfish" list (bugs which I believe I am suffering from) would give :
#1 - http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/SoftwareCodecPlayback -
"Stopping playback while a voice clip is playing freezes the player"
(lock-up)
#2 - http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/SoftwareCodecPlayback -
"Voice still sometimes eats itself after stopping playback" (loss of UI)
#3 - http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/ReleaseTodo - H300 power
consumption (slightly worrying)

Really nice to have, but not totally critical are:
#4 - http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/5082 - "voice UI: clips not
silenced immediately" (PITA)
#5 - http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/5248 - "Crossfade isn't working
properly anymore" (PITA but there's a workaround)
#6 - http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/4753 - "USB Bootloader Mode not
working properly" (PITA but there's a workaround)

In general I'd say anything which is known to cause a hard lock-up should
take priority. - e.g. http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/2394 - "Playback
Freezes on Fastforward" if it's still an issue. The other weak links
(looking at FlySpray/forums) appear to be Iriver remotes and FLAC support,
but I don't use those so don't particularly care ;-).

Steve Bavin