Subject: Re: mp3_encoder.c has CR-LF line endings in CVS

Re: mp3_encoder.c has CR-LF line endings in CVS

From: Simon M. <simon.me_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 11:46:48 +0200

Thanks for all the help you are trying to give me.

> > You might try setting your vmware to use NAT rather than bridged
> > networking. Then allow the vmware NAT application (which runs on teh
> > host) full access to the internet.

Maybe I should try this. On the other hand, I like it the way it is
(using cvs on windows and with emacs, which has awesome cvs features).
I wrote a little cmd script which does the line ending conversion for
the critical files for me (there are only handfull of them).

> All my source files are in Vmware image, but to edit them I double click
> them from Windows explorer and open them with notepad2.

That would require to leave VMWare running all the time, which uses to
much Ram for me and my personal firewall has to be disabled when I
want to access the Files in the Image. So always disconnect from the
internet when I compile. (This could be fixed I suppose, but allowing
the VMWare IP in the Firewall as local only works sometimes for me)

> > (Or, you could allow cygwin's cvs access through your firewall.)
I tried this of course, but cygwin has fundamental problems with my
firewall (Outpost)

It's funny that the little issue with mp3_encoder.c which is already
solved causes such a discussion :-)