Subject: Re: iRiver button usage for 3.0.

Re: iRiver button usage for 3.0.

From: Simon M. <simon.me_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 22:55:49 +0200

Recently I made a small patch for myself to have playlist viewer with
REC from WPS. If someone is interested, I can upload it to the Tracker
or mail it.

> so I suggest STOP to go from fileview (or tag view) to playlist view and
> back.
sounds reasonable to me. Rockbox shouldn't leave buttons without
functions, otherwise users can get the impression that rockbox isn't
fully functional.

> pressing stop on menus should
> take you back to viewing files, while pressing play should always take you
> back to the wps.
Agreed. This would be consistent with the rockbox style that file
viewer is the main screen. pressing right from menus should return to
the previous calling screen, though.

> I have stopped making suggestions like this to rockbox a long time ago, I
> haven't found no developer
> that takes user accessibility in this kind of an important fasion.
I'm not at this stage yet (I haven't even uploaded one of my patches
to the tracker yet).
It may be true when developers say that button config and usability is
not worth to code when there are so many other important things to do,
but since most of these things we like are already available in
flyspray it should be easy to incorporate them after a serious
discussion here in the list.

Personally it doesn't bother me that much right now, because I finally
managed to be brave enough to compile my own build and use it. It even
saves me traffic on my ISDN-Line. But it will take more work when the
feature freeze is over to patch my build against all those new
features supposed to come...