Subject: Help request: statusbar

Help request: statusbar

From: <postmaster_at_diffenbach.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 21:15:58 -0400

I'm having some trouble understanding the status bar code. It looks
like it mostly polls values.

I have some values it just isn't prudent to poll. How can I force the
statusbar to display some values, immediately when I call a function
passing those values.

Even better, I'd like the bar to only update the values I pass --
because I'll be calling from time-sensitive code, I don't want the
rest of the bar updated at that time.

I cribbed the code from gui_statusbar_time to do what I want, but my
info gets overwritten by the rest of the bar. (And my approach is bad
anyway: gui_statusbar_time is statically bound anyway, designed to be
called from within gui_statusbar_draw, not by client code outside the
statusbar functions.)

Thanks.