Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Hebrew Translation - Major Update.
Hebrew Translation - Major Update.
From: Liberman Shachar \(Lamed\) <"Liberman>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 06:04:47 +0200
Rockbox's internal font can't display special characters such as hebrew
characters. That's why hebrew translation couldn't be really used: the
recording menu, quickscreen, the equalizer and so on displayed corrupted
text instead of real characters.
This patch changes LANG strings to LANG_SYSFONT strings, wherever theres a
string that will be displayed in rockbox internal font,
The patch will also add the missing strings to all other languages, so there
is virtually no other work then patching hebrew_sysfont_lang_justpatch.diff
against the cvs source.
i'm also encapsulating the script I've used to add the new strings to all
languages. to use it, patch hebrew_sysfont_lang_upsys.diff against the
source, copy the files to rockbox/apps/lang/ , and run upsys from
rockbox/apps/lang. there is a good description of how language files where
updated inside upsys file.
the patch was tested on virtually all targets.
I suggest that for the future rockbox will keep using different
LANG_SYSFONT_ phrases for strings that will use the system font, or at least
until sysfont will support UTF...
This is a very big enhancement for the non-latin-characters readers for
version 3.0, I've put many hours into this (and about 12 hours stright for
the upsys script...)
Received on 2006-06-23
Page was last modified "Sat May 23 08:12:40 2020" The Rockbox Crew