Subject: ipod 3g (was: Re: dave: firmware crt0.S,1.73,1.74)

ipod 3g (was: Re: dave: firmware crt0.S,1.73,1.74)

From: Dave Chapman <dave_at_dchapman.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 10:49:42 +0100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jul 2006, cvs_at_labb.contactor.se wrote:
>
>> Gentlemen, we have sound on the 3rd Generation ipods. Thanks to
>> Daniel Ankers for debugging. It turns out the problem was simply that
>> we were calling the FIQ handler incorrectly - everything else was fine.
>

> Super-cool! Is it time to add them to the daily builds now?

I think so. But sadly (due to the "broken" cache in the PP5002s which
means they run at about half the speed of the PP5020), our codecs are
working too slowly.

According to Daniel:

"iPod 3g status (using the latest CVS with no changes): mp3s play with
buffer underruns. Wavs play correctly. Flac files may cause crashes, or
it may just be the one I tested."

I would expect FLAC playback to work in realtime, but I haven't had
chance to find out more information about Daniel's crashes.

But if you can add them to the daily builds, I'll upload a bootloader to
the wiki and adapt the install instructions to include the 3G.

Thanks,

Dave.